Thursday, October 11, 2012

How to Make Healthy Earth Balls

A few years ago I followed a blog called Green and Crunchy.  Sheri was the author, and she shared many delicious high raw vegan food posts with her large following.  It has been years since her blog has closed, but I have yet to find a blog I love just as much.  It was just so unique.  I still miss it.  Sheri, please come back! ;)  Anyways, the point I am trying to make is that she had a great recipe for "earth balls" that I am going to share with you, but if she was still online I would definitely direct you to her.

Earth balls...healthy, yummy goodness.  This is the health snack I pull out when I want to convince people eating healthy is yummy!  Many people have asked me for the recipe after coming to my house.





Earth Balls

1 cup almonds
1 cup dates

whatever else you want in there... coconut, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, goji berries, chocolate chips (hey, a little chocolate never hurt anyone...)....etc!

Through the almonds and dates in the food processor until nice and processed!  Then, add whatever else you want in there and process a little longer.  Form into balls and put them in the freezer.  Eat the whole tray a few straight from the freezer!

These will fall apart at room temperature, so make sure you don't leave them out!

This is day 11 of my 31 day series, "31 Days to Healthier Grub". Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment