Saturday, September 15, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

Yes, you read the title right.  Brownies made from black beans.  Now, before you close this blog as fast as you can, hear me out first.

This is the perfect recipe for so many reasons.  It is gluten-free, and it is healthy.  No flour, no refined sugars, and this is one dessert you WANT your kids to have seconds of.


I was a little skeptical at first myself, but this seriously tastes like a brownie!  The only thing I wold recommend is letting them refrigerate for an hour or so before consuming.  They taste way better that way, and the texture is nicer than straight out of the oven.

When my husband came home last night, I gave him the last brownie. (me and the kids ate the entire batch.)  He kept taking bites of it and then looking at it strangely, trying to comprehend how this beany brownie could taste so much like, well, a regular brownie!

You can make your own batch if you follow this link: http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2012/08/chocolate-black-bean-brownies.html

Also, I made a cream made from cashews to top it off.  The kids didn't particularly like it, but that was okay because it meant more for me. :)  The recipe for that is over at:  http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-fruit-dip

I hear you can make brownies from chickpeas too.   I will have to try that!

No comments:

Post a Comment